Jamishli is a village in the Alexandropol uezd of the former Iravan governorate, later in the former Abaran district, and currently in the Aragatsotn province. The village was integrated into the former Alagoz (Aragats) district in 1972. The provincial centre lies 45 km to the northwest of the town of Ashtarak, and at a height of 2,050 m above sea level. The villages of Boyuk Jamishli and Kichik Jamishli were merged and the village of Jamishli was formed. The Armenian literature presents it in the phonetic form of “Jamshlu”.
Following the 1877–1878 Russo-Turkish war, the Yazidi Kurds, who had been removed from Türkiye, were settled in the village. Further, the Azerbaijanis gradually left the village. At present, along with the Yazidi Kurds, Armenians also live in the village.
The toponym was formed on the basis of the name of the Turkic tribe “Jamishli”.
According to the law “On the administrative-territorial division of the Republic of Armenia” dated 7 November 1995, it was integrated into the administrative territory of Aragatsotn province
Geographic coordinates: latitude: 41°41’ N., longitude: 44°16’ E.