Damjili is a village in the Echmiadzin uezd of the former Iravan governorate, later in the former Abaran district, and currently in the Aragatsotn province. The provincial centre lies 27 km to the northeast of the town of Ashtarak, on the right bank of the Abaran River, at the foot of Alagoz Mountain, and at a height of 2,000 m above sea level. It was mentioned in “The Iravan Province Review Book”. The 19th-century Russian sources referred to the village as “Tamjeli/Damjalu”.

The village was initially inhabited by Azerbaijanis, who left it after Armenians had been settled in the region. Armenians moved to the village from Iran after 1828.

The toponym was coined by adding the suffix “-lı” to the word “damji” used in the sense of “a spring with little water”, “the water produced by a well-type water resource.

The village was renamed “Mravyan” by the decree of the Presidium of the Supreme Soviet of the Armenian SSR dated 3 January 1935. At present, it is called “Yeghipatrush”. According to the law “On the administrative-territorial division of the Republic of Armenia” dated 7 November 1995, it was integrated into the administrative territory of Aragatsotn province.

Geographic coordinates: latitude: 40°32′ N., longitude: 44°28′ E.