Tulus or Dulus is a village in the Zangezur uezd of the former Yelizavetpol (Ganja) governorate, later in the former Garakilsa (Sisian) district, and currently in the Syunik province. The provincial centre lies 109 km to the northwest of the town of Gafan, at a height of 1,660 m above sea level. After the establishment of the Zangezur district in Soviet Armenia on 31 August 1921, the settlement was integrated into the administrative area of Armenia. Its name was noted in “The Iravan Province Comprehensive Data Book” compiled in 1590. The name of the village was distorted and given as “Tolors” in the works of Armenian authors.

Along with the Armenians, the village was inhabited by 24 Azerbaijanis in 1831, 142 in 1873, 176 in 1886, 263 in 1897 and 39° Azerbaijanis in 1914. In 1918 the Azerbaijanis were massacred or deported by Armenian armed units. In 1926, apart from the Armenians, only two Azerbaijanis lived there. At present, only Armenians from Türkiye live in the village.

The toponym was coined on the basis of the ethnonym “Tolos”, “teles” which belongs to the ancient Turkic tribes.

According to the law “On the administrative-territorial division of the Republic of Armenia” dated 7 November 1995, it was integrated into the administrative area of the Syunik province.

Geographic coordinates: latitude 39°27’ N., longitude 46°02’ E.