Taycharig is a village in the Novo-Bayazid uezd of the former Iravan governorate, later in the former Akhta (Hrazdan) district, and currently in the Kotayk province. The provincial centre lies 16 km to the northwest of the town of Akhta (Hrazdan), near the Miskhana River, at a height of 1,950 m above sea level. It was marked on the five-verst map of the Caucasus.

The village was originally inhabited by Azerbaijanis, but following the settlement of Armenians there, its population gradually left the village. The Armenians from the Turkish province of Beyazit were moved in 1829–1830 and settled in the village. In 1926 there were only two Azerbaijanis in the village and they were also expelled in the 1930s.

The toponym was coined on the basis of the word “tay” used to mean “a hill” and the Oghuz ethnonym “Charik”. One of the Turkmen tribes was also called “Charik”. It is an ethnotoponym.

By the decree of the Presidium of the Supreme Soviet of the Armenian SSR dated 31 May 1946, it was renamed “Meghradzor”. According to the law “On the administrative-territorial division of the Republic of Armenia” dated 7 November 1995, it was integrated into the administrative area of the Kotayk province.

Geographic coordinates: latitude 40°36’ N., longitude 44°38’ E.