Talish is a village in the Echmiadzin uezd of the former Iravan governorate, in the former Gamarli (Artashat) district, in the present Aragatsotn province. The provincial center is located 29 km to the southwest of the town of Ashtarak, at a height of 1,220 m above sea level. The famous Talish caravanserai is located in this village.

The village had been inhabited only by the Azerbaijanis until 1828. The Armenians moved from the Beyazit province of Türkiye in 1828–1829 were settled in the village. The ruins of an ancient fortress built by Azerbaijanis in the 13th-14th centuries have survived in the village.

The toponym was formed on the basis of the ethnonym “Talish” which belongs to the Turkic Gizilbash tribe.

By the decree of the Presidium of the Supreme Soviet of the Armenian SSR dated 11 November 1970, it was renamed “Aruch”. According to the law “On the administrative-territorial division of the Republic of Armenia” dated 7 November 1995, it was integrated into the administrative area of the Aragatsotn province.

Geographic coordinates: latitude 40°17’ N., longitude 44°04’ E.