Soyugbulag was a village in the territory of the Novo-Bayazid uezd of the former Iravan governorate, later in the former Akhta (Hrazdan) district, and present-day Kotayk province. It was located on the right reach of the Zangi River and on the upper reach of the Soyugbulag River. The name of the village was marked on the five-verst map of the Caucasus.
The village was previously inhabited by the Azerbaijanis who gradually left it after Armenians had been settled in the region. The village was inhabited by 43 Azerbaijanis in 1831 and 186 Azerbaijanis and Yezidis in 1897. In the works of Armenian authors the Kurds are shown as the only inhabitants of the village. Only one Azerbaijani lived in the village in 1926.
The toponym was coined by combining the word “soyug” meaning “cool” in Azerbaijani and the hydronym “bulag”. Later, the village was excluded from the list of the settlements.