Shiragala was a village in the territory of the Echmiadzin uezd of the former Iravan governorate, later in the former Abaran district, and present-day Aragatsotn province. It was located near the Duluchay, the right tributary of the Abaran River.
The village was initially inhabited by Azerbaijanis. The original inhabitants of the village, the Azerbaijanis, migrated to Türkiye after the Armenians had been settled in the territory of the Iravan Khanate according to the Adrianople Treaty in 1829. The village was abolished in 1840–1850. At present, it lies in ruins.
The toponym was coined by combining the words “shira” meaning “a kind of a clay, a blue clay” and “gala”.