Saribudag was a village in the territory of the Echmiadzin uezd of the former Iravan governorate, later in the former Abaran district, and present-day Aragatsotn province. The name of the village was mentioned in “The Iravan Province Comprehensive Data Book” dated 1590 and marked as “Saribulag” on the five-verst map of the Caucasus.
The village was previously inhabited by Azerbaijanis, who gradually left it after Armenians had been settled in the region. After 1831 no one lived in the village. At present, it lies in ruins.
The toponym was coined by combining the words “sari” meaning “fresh, drinkable water” in Old Turkic and “budag” meaning “an affluent or tributary of a river”.