Ordakli was a village in the territory of the Aghbaba area (nahiya) of the Kars uezd of the former Kars province, later in the former Amasiya (Aghbaba) district and present-day Shirak province. It was located 15 km to the northwest of the settlement of Amasiya and to the southeast of Lake Arpa. The village was marked on the five-verst map of the Caucasus. According to Armenian sources, the village was inhabited by the Garapapags. The Garapapags are the tribes that were also involved in the formation of the Azerbaijani ethnogenesis.
The village was inhabited by 253 Azerbaijanis in 1886, 146 in 1897, 346 in 1908 and 531 Azerbaijanis in 1914. The village was within the Provisional Government of the Southwestern Caucasus founded in Kars in 1918–1919. The village was attacked and devastated by Armenian armed formations in February 1920 and its inhabitants fled to the Kars province. After the establishment of Soviet power in present-day Armenia, the village was integrated within the Aghbaba area into the Alexandropol uezd according to the Treaty of Kars in 1921. The Armenians removed from Türkiye were settled in the village. The village was abolished in the 1930s. At present, it lies in ruins.
The toponym was coined on the basis of the name of the Turkic Ordakli tribe.