Musluglu is a village in the Alexandropol uezd of the former Iravan governorate, later in the former Aghin (Ani) district, and currently in the Shirak province. The provincial centre lies 35 km to the south of the town of Gumru, nearby the Arpachay, at a height of 1960 m above sea level. In 1930, it was subordinated to the former Talin district.

The village was originally inhabited by Azerbaijanis, and following the settlement of Armenians in the area, the population gradually left the village. In 1829–1830, the Armenians relocated from Alashkirt, Erzurum and Mush provinces of Türkiye were settled in the Musluglu village.

The toponym was coined by adding the suffix “-lu” to the word “musluk” used in Old Turkic to mean “a faucet, a small pipe faucet”. It is a derivative toponym formed on the basis of a relief.

By decree of the Presidium of the Supreme Soviet of the Armenian SSR dated 28 February 1947, the village was renamed “Lanjik”. According to the law “On the administrative-territorial division of the Republic of Armenia” dated 7 November 1995, it was integrated into the administrative territory of the Shirak province.

Geographical coordinates: latitude: 40°30’ N., longitude: 43°51’ E.