Kalashkend was a village in the territory of the Echmiadzin uezd of the former Iravan governorate, later in the former Abaran district, and present-day Aragatsotn province. It was located on the right tributary of the Zangi River. The name of the village was mentioned as “Kyalashkend” in the Armenian source and was marked as “Kalaskend” on the five-verst map of the Caucasus.

The village was inhabited solely by Azerbaijanis: 96 in 1831, 288 in 1873, 363 in 1886, 404 in 1897, 373 in 1904, 437 in 1914 and 372 Azerbaijanis in 1916. The village was attacked by Armenian-Dashnak armed groups in 1918 and the Azerbaijanis were deported from their historical and ethnic lands as a result. The village was abolished in 1926. At present, it lies in ruins.

The toponym was coined by combining the personal name “Kalash” and the “kend”.