Ibish is a village in the Aghbaba area (nahiya) of the Kars uezd of the former Kars province, later in the former Amasiya (Aghbaba) district, and currently in the Shirak province. The provincial centre is located at a distance of 40 km from the town of Gumru, on the Turkish border, to the south of Lake Arpa, at a height of 2,120 m above sea level. It was marked on the five- verst map of the Caucasus. Another name for the village was “Aychingili”.

The sole residents of the village were Azerbaijanis. In their works Armenian authors stated that the Garapapags lived in the village. The Garapapags are one of the ethnographic groups of Azerbaijanis. The village was solely inhabited by Azerbaijanis – 118 in 1897, 460 in 1906 and 568 Azerbaijanis in 1914. The village was part of the Southwest Caucasian Republic established in Kars in 1918–1919. In February 1920, as a result of the attack of Armenian armed groups, the village was destroyed and the population became refugees. By the Treaty of Kars in 1921, the village was integrated into Soviet Armenia as part of the Aghbaba area. Later, some inhabitants returned there. The village was inhabited by 221 Azerbaijanis in 1922, 300 in 1926, 275 in 1931, 278 in 1939, 219 in 1959, 382 in 1970 and 580 Azerbaijanis in 1987. In January 1989, the Azerbaijanis were expelled from their native lands by Armenians. At present, the village is inhabited mainly by Armenians from the Georgian districts of Akhilkalak and Bogdanovka (Ninosminda).

A toponym is an anthropotoponym coined on the basis of a personal name.

By the decree of the Presidium of the Supreme Soviet of the Armenian SSR dated 3 April 1991, the village was renamed “Yerizak”. According to the law “On the administrative-territorial division of the Republic of Armenia” dated 7 November 1995, it was integrated into the administrative territory of the Shirak province.

Geographical coordinates: latitude: 40°59’ N., longitude: 43°39’ E.