Delikdash is a village in the Novo-Bayazid uezd of the former Iravan governorate, later in the former Garanlig (Martuni) district, and currently in the Gegharkunik province. The provincial centre lies 29 km to the southeast of the town of Kavar (Yeni Bayazid, Kamo), by the Dalikdash River, on the shore of Lake Goycha, and at a height of 1,960 m above sea level. It was marked in “The Iravan Province Review Book”, on the five-verst map of the Caucasus. The Armenian literature states that the village was founded in 1828. Actually, the Armenian researchers have falsified the historical truth. Since, in “The Iravan Province Review Book” compiled in 1728, Delikdash was mentioned as one of the villages in the Goycha area.

Following the occupation of the Iravan Khanate by the Russian troops, Armenians settled in the village having arrived from the Turkish regions of Mush and Alashkirt.

The toponym was coined by combining the word “delik” used in the meanings of “a deep, narrow pit”, “a cave” and the word “dash” used in Azerbaijani in the sense of “a mountain, rock”. It is a complex toponym created on the basis of a relief.

In 1920 the village was renamed “Tsakhkar” through a literal translation. According to the law “On the administrative-territorial division of the Republic of Armenia” dated 7 November 1995, it was integrated into the administrative area of the Gegharkunik province.

Geographic coordinates: latitude: 40°10′ N., longitude: 45°11′ E.