Chopur Ali was a village in the territory of the Novo-Bayazid uezd of the former Iravan governorate, later in the former Akhta (Hrazdan) district, and present-day Kotayk province. It was located between the villages of Gorchulu (Mrgashad) and Dadagishlag (Akhundov, Pyunik).
The village was inhabited by 28 Azerbaijanis in 1831. The village was abolished in the mid-19th century. The toponym was coined on the basis of a personal name.