Chamirli was a village in the territory of the Iravan uezd of the former Iravan governorate, later in the former Abaran district, and present-day Aragatsotn province. The name of the village was marked on the five-verst map of the Caucasus.
According to Armenian sources, the village was inhabited by 1952 Azerbaijanis in 1914. The Azerbaijanis were attacked, massacred or ousted from the village by Armenian armed groups in 1918.
The toponym was coined on the basis of the Turkic ethnonym “Chamurlu” to denote “the village where the Chamurlu tribe lives”. At present, the village lies in ruins.