Boghazkesen is a village in the Alexandropol uezd of the former Iravan governorate, in the former district of Aghin (Ani), and currently in the Shirak province. The provincial centre lies 28 km to the south of the town of Gumru, in the left flow of the Garangu River, and at a height of 1800 m above sea level. It was marked on the five-verst map of the Caucasus.
The village was initially inhabited by Azerbaijanis who gradually left it after Armenians had been removed from Türkiye and settled in the territory of the Iravan Khanate in accordance with the Treaty of Adrianople (1829). The Armenians removed from the Turkish provinces of Mush and Alashkirt were settled there.
The toponym was formed on the basis of the name of the tribe “Boghazkesen”.
The village was renamed “Dzorakap” by decree of the Presidium of the Supreme Soviet of the Armenian SSR dated 3 January 1935. According to the law “On the administrative-territorial division of the Republic of Armenia” dated 7 November 1995, it was integrated into the administrative area of the Shirak province.
Geographic coordinates: latitude: 40°34′ N., longitude: 43°52′ E.