Aytag was a village in the territory of the Borchali uezd of the former Tiflis governorate, later in the former Allahverdi (Tumanyan) district, and present-day Lori province. The village was marked on the five-verst map of the Caucasus.
The village was inhabited by 43 Azerbaijanis in 1897. In the early 20th century the Azerbaijanis were ousted and the village was abolished. At present, it lies in ruins.
The toponym was coined by combining the words “ay” meaning “white, light, clear” in ancient Turkic and the phonetic variation of the Turkic word “dagh” in the form of “tagh”.