Angersak was a village in the territory of the Echmiadzin uezd of the former Iravan governorate, later in the former Ashtarak district, and currently in the Aragatsotn province. The village was located 6-7 km to the northwest of the village of Ashtarak. The name of the village was noted as “Angurik” in “The Iravan Province Comprehensive Data Book” dated 1590 and marked as “Angersak” on the five-verst map of the Caucasus.

The original inhabitants of the village, Azerbaijanis, used to pronounce the name of the village as “Anirsak”. The village was solely inhabited by Azerbaijanis: 133 in 1873, 140 in 1886, 162 in 1897, 209 in 1908, 221 in 1914, 188 in 1916 and 202 Azerbaijanis in 1919. The Azerbaijanis were massacred or deported by Armenians from their historical and ethnic lands in 1920. The village was inhabited by Yezidis between 1925 and 1959, It was abolished in 1959. The village is in ruins now.

The toponym was coined by combining the words “angar” which means “a ditch, a trench; a cracked soil; a ravine, a valley; a distant shore” in Old Turkic and “saga/sakha” which means “the foot of a mountain; an outfall of a river; a shallow ravine” in the Turkic languages.