Amrakar was a village in the territory of the Zangezur uezd of the former Yelizavetpol (Ganja) governorate, later in the former Mehri (Meghri) district, and currently in the Syunik province. The village was located 9-10 km to the northwest of Mehri.

The village was inhabited only by 42 Azerbaijanis in 1926 and 67 Azerbaijanis in 1931. The village was abolished in 1940 and the inhabitants were mainly moved to the neighbouring village of Lok. At present, the village is in ruins.

The toponym was coined by combining the personal name “Amir” and the word “kar” meaning “a cliff, a rock with steep edges” in Turkish.